Thursday 6 February 2014

TURN IT UP: Rest in Beats Dilla Dawg.

It's Dilla Day.

On this day 40 years ago, a legend was born.
Today, 8 years after his untimely death, we celebrate the Incredible James Dewitt Yancey, aka, J Dilla.

I won't even begin to speak about how much the man's work means to me because it is overwhelming.

I will say this, Dilla was spirit, excellence and bad ass, all rolled into one.

We were lucky enough to hear his work in our lifetime. Let us make sure he is never forgotten.

Here is my favourite Dilla jam. Please share yours. PLEASE. lol. My twitter is @KaRingaRinga_. Also facebook page ndio hii.

And today, let those Dilla Drums play all day long.

K.


1 comment:

  1. I accidentally put up the Demo version for 'Players" by Slum Village (which is my favourite Dilla beat). Here is the final cut http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqZxQuDadyU

    ReplyDelete